Introduction to quilting by machine and rotary cutting.
This class will introduce you to quilting by machine and rotary cutting. You
will learn tips and tricks, beginning with choosing fabrics, to make your
quilting journey a successful one.
You will make a baby- or lap-size quilt. All fabrics must be purchased from
this store. We will start rotary cutting in the first class so you will not need
to bring your machine to that class.
A supply list will be given to you during the first class.
Before the first class
• You must be comfortable with your sewing machine to take this class.
You also must have a ¼” foot for your machine before the second class.
If you don’t already have one, we will help you determine which foot
will fit your machine if you bring in the shank from your machine.
Better yet, bring in the whole machine, or machine model number, at
least two weeks before the first class.
• If your machine hasn’t been serviced in a while and is making clunking
or other abnormal noises, or the tension is funky, take it in for service
before you start. A well maintained machine will make piecing so
What to bring to the first class
• Bring any rulers and rotary cutters that you already own to the first
class. Do not go and buy any before class. You can test out ours before
deciding which you would like to purchase.
• A loose-leaf notebook and 30 page protectors.
• Notebook paper and pencil.
• Bring your machine model # or name and your ¼” foot"